Toady I used the tablet to draw a version of Coraline. This is an unfinished project.
I used the paint brush, pencil, and eraser tools to create this.
Today I finished the assigned project of the magazine cover. This magazine is called KERRANG! and its main focus is music, specifically rock/metal.
This project was a lot of fun for me and I like how it turned out.
The first thing I did was search for a good background photo for the magazine. This one of Oli Sykes caught my eye and gave me the idea for all the paint splatter effects in the background. I found the polaroid picture frames on google, copied and pasted them, then added pictures of some of my favorite bands into them. This required a lot of resizing and rotating which I did using the free transform command. I got all of the fonts from dafont.com. I changed the color of the fonts to match the paint splatters. I Got the Kerrang! logo from google. This was basically all about layers and learning how to navigate with them. I learned its important to name your layers so that its easier to rearrange things.
Today I worked on an assigned project. I made a cover photo for Facebook.
First I went to the file pull down menu and opened a new document. I made the image 851px by 315px. Then I went on google and searched for a black 160px by 160px square. I copy and pasted that to the plain white background. I went to my Facebook and copy and pasted my profile picture. I Pressed command T to enter the free transform mode then scaled the photo to fit inside the black square. After that I went back to google and found a photo of the pink roses that I decided to use as the background. I lowered the opacity of the photo to 45%. Then I searched “Of Mice & Men pastel” and found the image with the flowers and mice. I copied and pasted that, scaled it, then I moved this layer below the background layer. I went to dafont.com and found a font that I liked, then typed the lyrics to an Of Mice & Men song and changed the color of the text to pink.
Today was project day and I made a t-shirt/poster design.
The first thing I did was get the font from dafonts.com. Then I changed the color of the font to red. Then I used the tablet to draw black lines around the red letters to make them look messier. After that I looked up some werewolf references on google.
I used this photo as a reference to my werewolf’s face.
I used this photo as a reference for the upper body:
After I drew and colored the werewolf with the tablet I painted the background black and grey, then added a full moon. Then I named the werewolf Fuzzy.
Today I made a poster for the Riversport Adventures “Haunt the River”.
I used a photo I found on google for the background then clicked the black white icon and brought the brightness down and the contrast up to make the photo look darker. I got all the fonts from dafont.com and I got all the information for the event from visitokc.com.
Today I finished chapter 26 of the Photoshop CC One-on-One: Advanced course on Lynda.com.
I went to the image pull down menu, chose the duplicate command and renamed it layers. I went to the black white icon and chose the levels command. I changed the black value to 10 and the middle value to 0.7. All this did was darken the image a little.
Today I took the Computer Fundamentals (Mac OS X 10.4) exam on brainbench and earned a certification.
I also worked on chapter 25 of the Photoshop CC One-on-One: Advanced course on Lynda.com
I went to the layers pull down menu and chose convert to smart object. I went tot he filter menu and chose lens correction. I made sure the camera make was set to Canon and changed the model to Canon EOS 5D Mark II. I chose the EF 28mm f/1.8 USM lens. I turned on all the check boxes in the correction options. I switched to the custom tab. I took the remove distortion value to +10. I selected the straighten tool and dragged it along the horizon. I applied a value of -.8 degree. I turned on the show grid check box and went to the move grid tool and i dragged the grid down until one of the lines matches the horizon. Then I clicked OK.
With the ‘dude’ layer selected, I went to the layers panel fly out and chose convert to smart object. I went up to the image menu, adjustments, and shadows/highlights. I moved the shadows down to 10% and the highlights to 45%.
I double clicked the words shadows/highlights smart filter. I clicked show more options. I changed the radius of the shadows to 200px and the radius of the highlights to 100px. Then I clicked OK.
I double clicked the shadows highlights smart filter. I changed the color correction slider to 0 and the midtone contrast to 40. I changed the black clip and white clips value to 0, then pressed OK.
I went to the filter menu, chose blur, then Gaussian blur. I changed the value to 15 px and clicked OK. I double clicked on the sliders icon next to the words Gaussian blur in the layers panel. I clicked on the guys face and zoomed out a little. I changed the mode to overlay and clicked OK. I double clicked on shadows highlights. I clicked OK. I went down to the color correction slider and changed it to -100 and pressed OK.
I went to the filter menu, chose other, then high pass. I changed the radius to 5 then clicked OK. I double clicked on the slider icon next to the words high pass. I changed the mode to Linear light and clicked OK. I double clicked on the words high pass in the layer panel and brought the radius down to 3px.
I turned off the eye on the eye icon for the smart filters. I went to the channels panel and pressed the cmd key while I clicked on the red channel. I turned the smart filter set back on. I right clicked on the smart filter mask and chose delete filter mask. I right clicked on the words smart filter and chose add filter mask.
I double clicked on the filter mask thumbnail in the layers panel. I changed the density value to 80%. I went to the black white icon, chose brightness/contrast, and changed the contrast to -30%.