Today I finished the assigned project of the magazine cover. This magazine is called KERRANG! and its main focus is music, specifically rock/metal.
This project was a lot of fun for me and I like how it turned out.
The first thing I did was search for a good background photo for the magazine. This one of Oli Sykes caught my eye and gave me the idea for all the paint splatter effects in the background. I found the polaroid picture frames on google, copied and pasted them, then added pictures of some of my favorite bands into them. This required a lot of resizing and rotating which I did using the free transform command. I got all of the fonts from dafont.com. I changed the color of the fonts to match the paint splatters. I Got the Kerrang! logo from google. This was basically all about layers and learning how to navigate with them. I learned its important to name your layers so that its easier to rearrange things.