April 30th, 2015

Today was a project day and I painted a portrait of ariel from the little mermaid.


Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 9.52.29 AM

I added some different skin tones:

Screen Shot 2015-04-30 at 9.54.21 AM

Then I colored everything:

realistic ariel


April 29th, 2015

Today I started assignment 5 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this assignment I had to create a letterhead for the business Frillio’s Pizza.

Finished Letterhead:

frillios letterhead

I started by opening a 8.5 x 11 in document. Then I added one of the logos for frilios pizza to the corner of the page.

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.17.04 AM

Then I went to google and found a checkered background. i duplicated it and made it go across the top of the page like a border:

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.19.35 AM

Then I used the elliptical marquee tool to make an oval. I used the paint bucket tool to color the oval red. I moved that layer behind the logo and border layers. I duplicated the layer 10 times and spread it out so that it fit under the checkered border.

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.21.56 AM

Then I added a red line to the bottom of the page and added their slogan:

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.22.59 AM

Then I added the rest of the information and a little pizza clipart to separate them:

Screen Shot 2015-04-29 at 10.25.19 AM

I added another logo to the right corner and put some black lines underneath and I also made the informations text a little bigger:

frillios letterhead

April 28th, 2015

Today I continued with lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.

I finished assignment 3 and 4.

Finished Business Card:

frillios business card

I started with a brick wall background clipart and I duplicated it twice so that it would cover the entire card.

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 9.51.32 AM

I added the Logo:

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 9.55.15 AM

I used the rectangular marquee tool to make 3 rectangles at the bottom of the card then used the paint bucket tool to paint them using the color scheme I chose in assignment 3:

Screen Shot 2015-04-28 at 9.56.00 AM

Then I used a few of the fonts I chose to type the information:

frillios business card

April 27th, 2015

Today I stated assignment 1 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this lesson I read pages 87-120. For Assignment 2 I had to plan what typefaces Im going to use for the rest of the assignments in lesson 7. After I chose the fonts, I sent an email to my instructor showing her the name and a sample of what fonts I chose:

Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 9.57.11 AM

April 22nd, 2015

Today I completed Lesson 6 of the Non- Designer’s Design Book.

I finished reading pages 79-86.

After that I sent my instructor an email of the Little Quiz #1.

Little Quiz #2:

Original Ad:

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 10.21.21 AM

Redesigned Ad:

Screen Shot 2015-04-22 at 10.20.19 AM

The original ad had almost every word in all caps. The original add also used way too many fonts and nothing was aligned properly. I center aligned everything and placed the information that related in close proximity so that there are several different groups of information. I copy and pasted the tile images from the original ad onto mine but moved them to go with the names of the different tiles on display.

April 20th, 2015

Today I continued working on assignment 3 of lesson 5 of the Non-designer’s Design Book. This involved editing the flyer I made so that it follows the principles of contrast.

Original Flyer:

Frascht Photography Flyer edited font

What I finished last week:

contrast flyer

Today’s work:

contrast flyer progress

I put the new logo that I designed for the contrast business card and letterhead into the diamond in the middle. I used the fonts and colors from that logo on the rest of the information on the flyer. I also added a purple outline to the photos and the middle square. I did that using the rectangular marquee tool and the paint bucket tool.

April 16th, 2015

Today was a project day and I started a new painting using the tablet. I decided I wanted to paint a girl with her face painted like a sugar skull.

I started drawing the face and ended up with this:

face start

After that I stated working on the hair and makeup:

more hair and makeup

More makeup:

and more makeup

Then I changed the color of the hair:

and done

After that I selected half of her face and pasted it to a new document:

pasted on new paper

I colored the whole background black:

black background

Then I painted a blue rose:

blue rose added

I duplicated it a few times and resized and rotated the duplicates and thats it:

day of the dead

April 15th, 2015

Today I continued working on lesson 5 assignment 3. I worked on the letterhead. The point was to follow the principles of contrast.

This design matches the business card I did yesterday.

business card contrast

I had to resize a move a few things around. I duplicated the stripes then resized them and put them so that they frame the letter. Then I lowered the opacity of the stripes a little. After that I spent time looking for what else I wanted to add to it but I couldn’t come up with anything.

contrast letterhead

When I finished, I started editing on the flyer. This is what I have so far:

contrast flyer

I used a gradient for the back ground. I used the colors white black and blue to match the new news letter and business card that I made following the principles of contrast.