Today I started my “final project”. The final project is an 11″x17″ poster. This poster is suppose to display the skills we have learned this year. We have until May 13th to complete it.
Today I made two separate posters that go together. I might make a few more and combine them all in the end to make one poster.
The first thing I did was use a paint splatter shaped paint brush. I used different shades of blue, purple and pink:
Then I selected a regular paint brush in the color white and painted the top border and the dots and for the 2nd painting I also selected different star brushes to put at the end f the strings. I also painted a moon on one of them:
After that I drew the girls in the painting with a white paint brush:
Then I painted a rose and duplicated it. I resized and rotated all the duplicates and thats it:
Today my assignment was to create a letterhead and write a letter to my instructor. The letter involved telling her why I took the class, what I expected, What I liked and disliked about the class, and what my future plans were.
Heres the basic letterhead I designed (without the personal information) :
I designed it to look similar to my senior announcement. I just did a light violet background, added grey border to the top and left sides and added the flowers.
After that I started assignment 6 of Lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.
For this Assignment I made an envelope for Frillio’s Pizza:
Today I started assignment 5 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this assignment I had to create a letterhead for the business Frillio’s Pizza.
I started by opening a 8.5 x 11 in document. Then I added one of the logos for frilios pizza to the corner of the page.
Then I went to google and found a checkered background. i duplicated it and made it go across the top of the page like a border:
Then I used the elliptical marquee tool to make an oval. I used the paint bucket tool to color the oval red. I moved that layer behind the logo and border layers. I duplicated the layer 10 times and spread it out so that it fit under the checkered border.
Then I added a red line to the bottom of the page and added their slogan:
Then I added the rest of the information and a little pizza clipart to separate them:
I added another logo to the right corner and put some black lines underneath and I also made the informations text a little bigger:
Today I stated assignment 1 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this lesson I read pages 87-120. For Assignment 2 I had to plan what typefaces Im going to use for the rest of the assignments in lesson 7. After I chose the fonts, I sent an email to my instructor showing her the name and a sample of what fonts I chose:
Today I completed Lesson 6 of the Non- Designer’s Design Book.
I finished reading pages 79-86.
After that I sent my instructor an email of the Little Quiz #1.
Little Quiz #2:
The original ad had almost every word in all caps. The original add also used way too many fonts and nothing was aligned properly. I center aligned everything and placed the information that related in close proximity so that there are several different groups of information. I copy and pasted the tile images from the original ad onto mine but moved them to go with the names of the different tiles on display.
Today I continued working on assignment 3 of lesson 5 of the Non-designer’s Design Book. This involved editing the flyer I made so that it follows the principles of contrast.
What I finished last week:
I put the new logo that I designed for the contrast business card and letterhead into the diamond in the middle. I used the fonts and colors from that logo on the rest of the information on the flyer. I also added a purple outline to the photos and the middle square. I did that using the rectangular marquee tool and the paint bucket tool.