May 11th,2015

Today I made a poster of all of the projects I’ve done this year:

all projects

All I did was copy and paste each picture on then I used the free transform tool to resize them.

I also worked on a few ideas for the design Im going to put on the top of my graduation cap.

Here was one idea:

grad cap 1

Here was the second:

grad cap 2

And for this one I would also put fake flowers around the edges like this:

grad cap reference 2

May 8th, 2015

Today I painted a picture for my mom for mother’s day:

mothers day project

I started with this outline:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.23.00 AM

Then I painted the background black and added shading:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.23.55 AM

Then I added more details to the faces:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.24.53 AM

I added pink and tan skin tones:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.25.47 AM

I colored the hair and baby blanket:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.26.38 AM

I added more details to the hair and remade the lines to the outline thicker:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.27.48 AM

After that I drew a white rose and duplicated it a few times. I resized and rotated the duplicates as needed:

Screen Shot 2015-05-08 at 10.28.50 AM

I copied the rose layer, moved it under the original rose layer and colored that layer a reddish brown using the paint bucket tool:

mothers day project

May 7th, 2015

Today I finished the End of Year project:

I drew this today:

last project 3

Then added it and the two drawings from yesterday onto a 17″x11″ canvas and made tham fit onto it:

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.23.16 AM

Then I painted the left over background

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.21.01 AM

added dots:

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.24.15 AM

added lines using the rectangular marquee tool and the paint bucket tool:

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.29.26 AM

added purple star dust to the lines:

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.30.02 AM

added more roses:

Screen Shot 2015-05-07 at 9.31.58 AM

added stars using a star brush

finished last project

and finally I added more triangles:

finished last project

May 6th, 2015

Today I started my “final project”. The final project is an 11″x17″ poster. This poster is suppose to display the skills we have learned this year. We have until May 13th to complete it.

Today I made two separate posters that go together. I might make a few more and combine them all in the end to make one poster.

last projectlast project 2

The first thing I did was use a paint splatter shaped paint brush. I used different shades of blue, purple and pink:

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 9.33.29 AM

Then I selected a regular paint brush in the color white and painted the top border and the dots and for the 2nd painting I also selected different star brushes to put at the end f the strings. I also painted a moon on one of them:

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 9.34.07 AMScreen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.30.28 AM

After that I drew the girls in the painting with a white paint brush:

Screen Shot 2015-05-06 at 9.34.21 AMScreen Shot 2015-05-06 at 10.32.47 AM

Then I painted a rose and duplicated it. I resized and rotated all the duplicates and thats it:

last projectlast project 2

April 16th, 2015

Today was a project day and I started a new painting using the tablet. I decided I wanted to paint a girl with her face painted like a sugar skull.

I started drawing the face and ended up with this:

face start

After that I stated working on the hair and makeup:

more hair and makeup

More makeup:

and more makeup

Then I changed the color of the hair:

and done

After that I selected half of her face and pasted it to a new document:

pasted on new paper

I colored the whole background black:

black background

Then I painted a blue rose:

blue rose added

I duplicated it a few times and resized and rotated the duplicates and thats it:

day of the dead

Today I finished my senior announcements.

Front:

my front cover finished

Back:

my back cover finished

Here are the original pictures:

my front cover

DSC_2235

They were very dark looking so I brightened them up using the brightness/contrast tool. I cropped the bottom photo and flipped it horizontally. I used the spot removal tool on the top photo to get rid of some stray hairs.I used some of the photoshop actions my teacher showed me today. To the top photo I added the action ‘lens flare only (right)’. For the bottom photo I opened it in camera raw and edited it there. Im not quite sure what I did but I made it look brighter and the colors look more vibrant. Then I added the action ‘lens flare only (right)’ to it.

I added the top photo to the 5×7 background that I colored a light purple.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.38.32 AM

Then I used the rectangular marquee tool to make a rectangle on top of the photo. I used the paint bucket tool to color the inside of the rectangle black. Then I drew another rectangle inside that one and pressed delete. This left a thin outline of the rectangle. I lowered the opacity:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.40.06 AM

I duplicated that a few times and resized it:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.43.31 AM

Then I added some purple rectangles:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.44.41 AM

After that I added my schools name and my name, then I got some flowers from google and lowered their opacity and thats all.

For the back I just used the exact same colors and basically just moved the rectangles and stuff from the front cover over to the back cover image.

 

April 8th, 2015

Today I finished Aileen’s senior announcements.

Front:

front cover announcement

Back:

aileens back cover finished

For the back I used the same gray color of the front font for the background color. I made a part of the back pink to put the information on. I typed the information using the text tool. I resized the photos using the free transform tool to fit perfectly in the grey area.