Today I started assignment 5 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this assignment I had to create a letterhead for the business Frillio’s Pizza.
I started by opening a 8.5 x 11 in document. Then I added one of the logos for frilios pizza to the corner of the page.
Then I went to google and found a checkered background. i duplicated it and made it go across the top of the page like a border:
Then I used the elliptical marquee tool to make an oval. I used the paint bucket tool to color the oval red. I moved that layer behind the logo and border layers. I duplicated the layer 10 times and spread it out so that it fit under the checkered border.
Then I added a red line to the bottom of the page and added their slogan:
Then I added the rest of the information and a little pizza clipart to separate them:
I added another logo to the right corner and put some black lines underneath and I also made the informations text a little bigger:
Today I continued with lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.
I finished assignment 3 and 4.
Finished Business Card:
I started with a brick wall background clipart and I duplicated it twice so that it would cover the entire card.
I added the Logo:
I used the rectangular marquee tool to make 3 rectangles at the bottom of the card then used the paint bucket tool to paint them using the color scheme I chose in assignment 3:
Then I used a few of the fonts I chose to type the information:
Today I stated assignment 1 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this lesson I read pages 87-120. For Assignment 2 I had to plan what typefaces Im going to use for the rest of the assignments in lesson 7. After I chose the fonts, I sent an email to my instructor showing her the name and a sample of what fonts I chose:
Today was a project day and I edited a previous project;
Now it matches my current hair color.
I also painted a picture of ariel from the little mermaid:
Today I completed Lesson 6 of the Non- Designer’s Design Book.
I finished reading pages 79-86.
After that I sent my instructor an email of the Little Quiz #1.
Little Quiz #2:
The original ad had almost every word in all caps. The original add also used way too many fonts and nothing was aligned properly. I center aligned everything and placed the information that related in close proximity so that there are several different groups of information. I copy and pasted the tile images from the original ad onto mine but moved them to go with the names of the different tiles on display.
Today I finished lesson 5 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.
Finished Flyer following the principles of contrast:
After that I started lesson 6 assignment 1. This assignment involved reading pages 87-120 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.
Today I continued working on assignment 3 of lesson 5 of the Non-designer’s Design Book. This involved editing the flyer I made so that it follows the principles of contrast.
What I finished last week:
I put the new logo that I designed for the contrast business card and letterhead into the diamond in the middle. I used the fonts and colors from that logo on the rest of the information on the flyer. I also added a purple outline to the photos and the middle square. I did that using the rectangular marquee tool and the paint bucket tool.
Today was a project day and I started a new painting using the tablet. I decided I wanted to paint a girl with her face painted like a sugar skull.
I started drawing the face and ended up with this:
After that I stated working on the hair and makeup:
Then I changed the color of the hair:
After that I selected half of her face and pasted it to a new document:
I colored the whole background black:
Then I painted a blue rose:
I duplicated it a few times and resized and rotated the duplicates and thats it:
Today I continued working on lesson 5 assignment 3. I worked on the letterhead. The point was to follow the principles of contrast.
This design matches the business card I did yesterday.
I had to resize a move a few things around. I duplicated the stripes then resized them and put them so that they frame the letter. Then I lowered the opacity of the stripes a little. After that I spent time looking for what else I wanted to add to it but I couldn’t come up with anything.
When I finished, I started editing on the flyer. This is what I have so far:
I used a gradient for the back ground. I used the colors white black and blue to match the new news letter and business card that I made following the principles of contrast.
Today I continued working on lesson 4 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. Yesterday I finished assignment 1 and 2 so today I started on assignment 3. This assignment included editing my business card, letterhead, and flyer again, but this time following the principles of contrast.
Heres the business card I made:
I got the fonts from Dafont.com. I made the polaroids using the rectangular marquee and paint bucket tools. I got the clothes pin from google then duplicated it 4 times. I found the rope image on google and resized it to fit with the pictures and clothes pins. I made the stripes using the rectangular marquee and paint brush tools. I chose lighter colors for the stripes and polaroids so that it would contrast with the dark black fonts. The two different stripes contrast with each other too because one is thin and one is thick. The size of the different fonts also contrast with each other.