Today I just kind of played around with photoshop and the tablet. I also printed a design for my graduation cap!
Today I made a poster of all of the projects I’ve done this year:
All I did was copy and paste each picture on then I used the free transform tool to resize them.
I also worked on a few ideas for the design Im going to put on the top of my graduation cap.
Here was one idea:
Here was the second:
And for this one I would also put fake flowers around the edges like this:
Today I painted a picture for my mom for mother’s day:
I started with this outline:
Then I painted the background black and added shading:
Then I added more details to the faces:
I added pink and tan skin tones:
I colored the hair and baby blanket:
I added more details to the hair and remade the lines to the outline thicker:
After that I drew a white rose and duplicated it a few times. I resized and rotated the duplicates as needed:
I copied the rose layer, moved it under the original rose layer and colored that layer a reddish brown using the paint bucket tool:
Today I finished the End of Year project:
I drew this today:
Then added it and the two drawings from yesterday onto a 17″x11″ canvas and made tham fit onto it:
Then I painted the left over background
added lines using the rectangular marquee tool and the paint bucket tool:
added purple star dust to the lines:
added more roses:
added stars using a star brush
and finally I added more triangles:
Today I started my “final project”. The final project is an 11″x17″ poster. This poster is suppose to display the skills we have learned this year. We have until May 13th to complete it.
Today I made two separate posters that go together. I might make a few more and combine them all in the end to make one poster.
The first thing I did was use a paint splatter shaped paint brush. I used different shades of blue, purple and pink:
Then I selected a regular paint brush in the color white and painted the top border and the dots and for the 2nd painting I also selected different star brushes to put at the end f the strings. I also painted a moon on one of them:
After that I drew the girls in the painting with a white paint brush:
Then I painted a rose and duplicated it. I resized and rotated all the duplicates and thats it:
Today my assignment was to create a letterhead and write a letter to my instructor. The letter involved telling her why I took the class, what I expected, What I liked and disliked about the class, and what my future plans were.
Heres the basic letterhead I designed (without the personal information) :
I designed it to look similar to my senior announcement. I just did a light violet background, added grey border to the top and left sides and added the flowers.
After that I started assignment 6 of Lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.
For this Assignment I made an envelope for Frillio’s Pizza:
Today I started assignment 5 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this assignment I had to create a letterhead for the business Frillio’s Pizza.
I started by opening a 8.5 x 11 in document. Then I added one of the logos for frilios pizza to the corner of the page.
Then I went to google and found a checkered background. i duplicated it and made it go across the top of the page like a border:
Then I used the elliptical marquee tool to make an oval. I used the paint bucket tool to color the oval red. I moved that layer behind the logo and border layers. I duplicated the layer 10 times and spread it out so that it fit under the checkered border.
Then I added a red line to the bottom of the page and added their slogan:
Then I added the rest of the information and a little pizza clipart to separate them:
I added another logo to the right corner and put some black lines underneath and I also made the informations text a little bigger:
Today I continued with lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book.
I finished assignment 3 and 4.
Finished Business Card:
I started with a brick wall background clipart and I duplicated it twice so that it would cover the entire card.
I added the Logo:
I used the rectangular marquee tool to make 3 rectangles at the bottom of the card then used the paint bucket tool to paint them using the color scheme I chose in assignment 3:
Then I used a few of the fonts I chose to type the information:
Today I stated assignment 1 of lesson 7 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. For this lesson I read pages 87-120. For Assignment 2 I had to plan what typefaces Im going to use for the rest of the assignments in lesson 7. After I chose the fonts, I sent an email to my instructor showing her the name and a sample of what fonts I chose: