May 11th,2015

Today I made a poster of all of the projects I’ve done this year:

all projects

All I did was copy and paste each picture on then I used the free transform tool to resize them.

I also worked on a few ideas for the design Im going to put on the top of my graduation cap.

Here was one idea:

grad cap 1

Here was the second:

grad cap 2

And for this one I would also put fake flowers around the edges like this:

grad cap reference 2

Advertisements

April 20th, 2015

Today I continued working on assignment 3 of lesson 5 of the Non-designer’s Design Book. This involved editing the flyer I made so that it follows the principles of contrast.

Original Flyer:

Frascht Photography Flyer edited font

What I finished last week:

contrast flyer

Today’s work:

contrast flyer progress

I put the new logo that I designed for the contrast business card and letterhead into the diamond in the middle. I used the fonts and colors from that logo on the rest of the information on the flyer. I also added a purple outline to the photos and the middle square. I did that using the rectangular marquee tool and the paint bucket tool.

April 15th, 2015

Today I continued working on lesson 5 assignment 3. I worked on the letterhead. The point was to follow the principles of contrast.

This design matches the business card I did yesterday.

business card contrast

I had to resize a move a few things around. I duplicated the stripes then resized them and put them so that they frame the letter. Then I lowered the opacity of the stripes a little. After that I spent time looking for what else I wanted to add to it but I couldn’t come up with anything.

contrast letterhead

When I finished, I started editing on the flyer. This is what I have so far:

contrast flyer

I used a gradient for the back ground. I used the colors white black and blue to match the new news letter and business card that I made following the principles of contrast.

April 14th, 2015

Today I continued working on lesson 4 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. Yesterday I finished assignment 1 and 2 so today I started on assignment 3. This assignment included editing my business card, letterhead, and flyer again, but this time following the principles of contrast.

Heres the business card I made:

business card contrast

I got the fonts from Dafont.com. I made the polaroids using the rectangular marquee and paint bucket tools. I got the clothes pin from google then duplicated it 4 times. I found the rope image on google and resized it to fit with the pictures and clothes pins. I made the stripes using the rectangular marquee and paint brush tools. I chose lighter colors for the stripes and polaroids so that it would contrast with the dark black fonts. The two different stripes contrast with each other too because one is thin and one is thick. The size of the different fonts also contrast with each other.

April 13th, 2014

Today I finished assignment 1 of lesson 4 and started on lesson 5 of the Non-Designer’s Design Book. All I had to do was read pages 63-78. After I did that I finished assignment 2 which involved sending an email to my instructor explaining the ¬†principle of contrast. I also had to name four ways contrast can be created. I also went to the print office at northwestern to print my senior announcements so I didn’t have much time for anything else.

Today I finished my senior announcements.

Front:

my front cover finished

Back:

my back cover finished

Here are the original pictures:

my front cover

DSC_2235

They were very dark looking so I brightened them up using the brightness/contrast tool. I cropped the bottom photo and flipped it horizontally. I used the spot removal tool on the top photo to get rid of some stray hairs.I used some of the photoshop actions my teacher showed me today. To the top photo I added the action ‘lens flare only (right)’. For the bottom photo I opened it in camera raw and edited it there. Im not quite sure what I did but I made it look brighter and the colors look more vibrant. Then I added the action ‘lens flare only (right)’ to it.

I added the top photo to the 5×7 background that I colored a light purple.

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.38.32 AM

Then I used the rectangular marquee tool to make a rectangle on top of the photo. I used the paint bucket tool to color the inside of the rectangle black. Then I drew another rectangle inside that one and pressed delete. This left a thin outline of the rectangle. I lowered the opacity:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.40.06 AM

I duplicated that a few times and resized it:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.43.31 AM

Then I added some purple rectangles:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 10.44.41 AM

After that I added my schools name and my name, then I got some flowers from google and lowered their opacity and thats all.

For the back I just used the exact same colors and basically just moved the rectangles and stuff from the front cover over to the back cover image.

 

April 8th, 2015

Today I finished Aileen’s senior announcements.

Front:

front cover announcement

Back:

aileens back cover finished

For the back I used the same gray color of the front font for the background color. I made a part of the back pink to put the information on. I typed the information using the text tool. I resized the photos using the free transform tool to fit perfectly in the grey area.

April 6th, 2015

Today I started working on my friend Aileen’s senior announcements. so far I edited a few of the pictures I know she wanted.

Before:

back cover 1front coverback cover 2

 

After:

back cover 1 edited fronmt cover edited back cover 2 edited

I brightened her smile, removed some blemishes and lightened the first photo a bit. I also changed the color of her toe nail polish to match her finger nail polish.

Here is what I have for the front cover so far:

front cover announcement